... Are just going to have to wait because yes, transfers have rolled around again and this time, I am leaving my beloved Ishinomaki to serve in Nagamachi. Actually, make that thought Number One.
2) So this is what it feels like to transfer! That's the worst!
3) Continuing to multiply and replenish the earth... First 36 Weeks and counting:) Momma to an American once again, but she's a half bean so is half trained already. And my first daughter is training this transfer, so I'm also becoming a grandma;) (In more ways than one, those futons really do a number on your back, dang it.)
4) Transfer theme! Moses 6:34. Therefore, walk with me. Please go read the surrounding chapters, it's pretty deep. Enoch feels really inadequate and think people will hate him because he's not very good at talking, but the Lord tells him, "Behold my Spirit is upon you, wherefore all thy words will I justify; and the mountains shall flee before you, and the rivers shall turn from their course; and thou shalt abide in me, and I in you; therefore walk with me." And that really spoke to me. Enos then proceeds to perform miracles and one of the biggest miracles in the history of miracles happens when his city is taken up to dwell with God, and guess what? It's just a little at a time. And we are the same way, we learn and grow bit by bit. :)
5) My heart is breaking. I can't leave here:( But I also know that the Lord sends us where he needs us.
6) I have a billion thank you cards to write. This email needs to end so I can do that.
That's about it right now, sorry for the rush! Love you all! Wish me luck, I already cried over this whole transfer thing, dang it. :)
The only thing about falling in love with a town of people is that it kills to leave.
Well. Guess that's mission life!
Nagamachi: I believe she is referring to the Nagamachi Ward, which is in Sendai itself, about two miles from the Sendai Mission office, about 20-25 miles southwest of Ishinomaki. Here is a map of Sendai, zoomed out enough to see Ishinomaki, centered on the Nagamachi church building (which looks nice and new and large).
Bonus photo: The Sendai Mission assignment board, with Lisa still in Ishinomaki. With this transfer she is replacing the sister at lower right whose photo is tilted.